Friday, January 14, 2011

Finally Home

So I'm finally here in Sihanoukville, Cambodia. I started traveling on Sunday and finally made it here yesterday, which was Thursday. It was a long, tiring trip but I have to say I enjoyed the adventure. I was able to spend the night in Hong Kong and I met some really incredible people.




I wasn't really sure how I would like traveling alone but I have to say, I really enjoyed it. I was most nervous about navigating my way around Hong Kong, but that night ended up being my favorite. Upon arriving in Hong Kong, I struck up conversation with a man in the mining business who gave me his card and told me to look into possibly teaching at a mining school overseas.... Hmmm... another adventure perhaps? Anway, Tom was headed to the same hotel I was and so was Valencia, a friend I had met during my two night stay in Detroit. I know that God was really watching out for me during my trip but it was really neat to see it first hand. In Detroit, Valencia had left a bag of chips and a book for me on my seat. She was just headed back to Indonesia after returning from evangelism training and told me that before she left, God had told her to give the book to a young woman traveling alone.

So Tom, Valencia and I shared conversation over fish ball soup. I have to say I enjoyed the conversation more than the food. It's so interesting to have the opportunity to talk with people that have been all over the world. Their lives are so rich because of their experiences.

So, that's just one of the reasons I'm here. I want to enrich my life by experiencing a completely different way of life. I can tell already that this experience will be entirely unique from any other I've had. There will definitely be more to come...

8 comments:

  1. so excited to hear you are having a fun, safe and great experience so far! love you miss you! <3
    -can :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. loving the scandalous picture of you in the bathrobe lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like quite an adventure :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew you'd be great at blogging! Three comments already, this blog is going to be a hit!!!! I love you and can't wait to skype soon! Glad you started the blog! xo- Air

    ReplyDelete
  5. There with Erin's help I think that I can finally leave comments here. Love your blog...I didn't know I would be teary reading it. May God continue to bless you. You are going to be a great teacher and God will use you as you follow His leading. So proud of you. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say I got teary too. It's so awesome that God cares enough about us to cause things to happen that let us know we're right in His hand and He's got it all taken care of. What book was it?
    Love you
    Your didder

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I am just teary reading all your comments back. I talked with Aunt Brenda tonight and she told me about your blog. This is so exciting to be able to keep up with all you are doing. We are so proud of you; can't wait to continue the journey with you!!! Be blessed in your first week of school. God is Good :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. p.s. It's Aunt Sue under Mikayla's account...only way we knew to comment!!!! So, when you see her, it's probably me!!

    ReplyDelete